Seamlessly integrating form and function, Zidane Design Associates constantly strives to bring high quality interior designs to both residential and commercial marketplaces....Read More
2018 marks the 35th year anniversary of interior design specialists Constann Design. In an ever-changing industry, the history and longevity of the brand hold plenty of weight and much of their omnipresent success in the industry lies in the team’s decision to work with good people. To the team, relationships matter more than the dollars and cents and cultivating a relationship with the client is the right way forward for Constann Design.
Founder Constance Ann divulges that another way the company stays relevant in the interior design industry is to stay humble and find new ways to achieve and fulfill what their clients want, while creating unique and refreshing design concepts that is not a copy or duplicate from pre-existing approaches. That is enough reason to guarantee their success and that Constann Design will be here to stay for another 35 years and more.
Classical and functional
In one of their projects in Pavilion Green, the design team led by Constance Ann sought out a timeless and charming abode for the client, who was a long-time friend as well. As the client was moving from abroad, part of their brief included furnishing the entire three-storey corner terrace from scratch within the perimeters of a neo-classical style.
What the client had in mind was for more classical furnishings and traditional design to be added to the proposed concept. However, the Constann Design team instead advised them to adopt luxurious yet simple furniture as classical furniture were larger in size and would overcrowd the home based on their years of experience. During the furniture shopping process, the clients flew Constance over to China for her to pore over and select the pieces personally before flying back three containers worth of furniture to be installed in their new home.
Smart additions like the sculptured glass in the dining room offers guests privacy during mealtime yet allows enough light to come through to ward away hints of claustrophobia. An extensive cabinet has been added across a wall to house a wine chiller and store glassware and expensive vials of wine.
The empty house is now a posh home with a proper design strategy that permeates throughout the entire home. In the coming months, the second phase for Pavilion Green will continue which would entail an expansion of the top floor and a complete interior decoration.
- Constann Design Pte Ltd
Key Personnel (from right)
- Designer Timothy Tan, Managing Director
- Constance Ann, Founder / Principal
- Lum Hui Qi, Designer
- Tan Wei Wei, Designer
- Jalan Sukachita (Residential)
- Hillcrest Arcadia (Residential)
- The Panorama (Residential)
- Excelpoint Systems (Corporate Office)
- SembCorp (Office)
- Engelin Tay Practice (Office)
- Park Avenue Rochester (Hotel)
- Park Avenue Changi (Hotel)
- Kota Tinggi Museum – Malaysia (Museum)
- Avana Boutique (Retail)
- Temasek Junior College (Institution)
- Keny Ridge Secondary School (Institution)
- St. Teresa Convent Sschool (Institution)
- Lou Dental Centre – Malaysia (Clinic)
Awards / Accolades
- Honourable mention, SIDS Creative Thinking & Learning Centre Competition 1998
- Merit Award, SIDS / Trends Publishing Design Excellence AWARD – Retail Category 2000
- Merit Award, SIDS / Nippon Paint Creative Colour Competition – Institution Category 2001
- Merit Award, SIDS / Nippon Paint Creative Colour Competition – Corporate Office Category 2001
- Distinction Award, SIDS / Nippon Paint Creative Colour Competition –Retail Category 2001
- SIDA Luminary Awards, Workspace Category 2017